Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Coughing Ro Dah Coughing and Sneezing?

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
Hello again,

So I guess I will make this Ro Dah's medical thread. So the latest problem is that I noticed was that Ro Dah just a few seconds ago, started coughing and sneezing, she seems to be eating, drinking, moving, ect well, but she coughs and sneezes every few seconds, should I just watch her and see what happens, or should I take her to the vet?

I don't know if this is a real asap problem, or what. Since Phoenix died, I've always been paranoid that something is really wrong with them, so I'm hoping that's just what I'm doing now. She was fine a few minuets ago.

Thanks,

The human, Fus, Ro Dah, Godric, and Nova

I wouldnt imagine you've had any type of dust or anything irritating near her that she could have inhaled to make her cough or sneeze, so I'm gonna ask; is her nose crusty at all? When Pigson first got his upper respiratory/"cold" thing he was doing that and had nose crusties, otherwise he was fine. Also, is she wheezing at all? Pigson did that the second day of his "cold", that's when I took him to the vet, he was a little slower that day, but still the same old same.

Nope, nothing except for the coughing/sneezing, I checked her nose and mouth, and everything else looks clear.

Is she still sneezing a lot? I mean, i'd say that if it continues at the rate you were saying it was, you might want to get her checked out just to be safe, and/or quarantine her to prevent it spreading to your other babies and to maybe help monitor her for the time being. Better safe than sorry.

Not at the moment, she seems to be fine, but I'll keep a close eye on her, thanks! :D

No problem, I tend to worry a lot about my pigs too. I sometimes come to one of the worst conclusions first :| Bad habit of mine. But I hope all remains well for your piggies :]

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.