Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

RIP Paulie

NIUHuskieFan1

Cavy Slave
My dear friend Paulie died about an hour and a half ago. I started to notice that his eating and drinking habits changed on Thursday. He saw the vet on Friday, and she discovered a large buildup of gas in his belly. I took him home Friday night with some medications, but when I woke up Saturday, he was very weak. When he saw me, he tried to come to the edge of his cage to say hello, but he couldn't make it. I checked him into a hospital in hopes that 24-hour care through Sunday would help him out, but I got the call around 3 a.m. They said he was doing better, but then all of a sudden just turned to his side and stopped breathing.

He was an incredible friend for five years. You won't find a sweeter, more gentle and lovable pig than Paulie. He loved everybody he came in contact with. He would follow people around a room during floor time and, after catching a nap in his favorite hiding spot beneath the couch, he would come find you for some attention. He also loved to race people up the stairs when he was young. Paulie, I will dearly miss you and will always love you. I wish I had a picture to show, but all are too big.

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you loved your guinea pig, and he loved you back. But he went to the Big C+C Cage in the sky. You tried save him, and that is all that matters.
Rest In Peace Paulie
You will be missed.

OliversMommy

Cavy Slave
Aww, I am so very sorry about your loss.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.