Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

RIP My Three Little Piggies....

BunnyBun

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone. I am new here but its sad that this is the first place that I am posting. I had 3 guinea pigs which all died within a month... YES ALL 3!!! I was extremely upset, and till this day, I am still thinking about it. I never got to see them again and I never will. It still upsets me a lot so I needed a place to let it out. Just a quick little story to let you guys know what happened. I am originally from the UK. I moved to Texas in 2010. I got married and moved here with my husband. My 3 guinea pigs were left with my brother sister and mother who love them VERY much. I was planning to fly them over to Texas with me last year in September/October during the cooler months.... Well... Suddenly in July 2011, one of the guinea pigs named "Baby" got a bladder infection... I don't know how it got really bad even after medication it kept coming back and she died. I was EXTREMELY DISTRAUGHT that there was nothing I could do. A week right after Baby died, my guinea pig named Peanut got a huge abscess on her cheek. She went through surgery and it was removed, she was okay, Or.... she seemed ok.... But a week later Peanut suddenly died overnight and a 3 hours later, BooBoo, who had no symptoms or any illnesses died too. I think BooBoo died of stress seeing that peanut died... But its crazy, all 3 of my babies died, I never even got to see them again. I am still very upset about it every time I think about what happened. My family took them to the vets, cleaned their cage twice a day to make sure everythings clean, I honestly can't figure out how peanut and BooBoo died!!! Would anyone else have any Idea as in what could possibly have happened?! I know it wasn't from neglect from my family, they loved my guinea pigs as much as I did. Sorry about my ranting... :weepy::weepy::weepy:

RIPBaby: March 2009 - July 2011Peanut: November 2008 - August 2011BooBoo: December 2008 - August 2011They were all cremated at Resting Pets in Essex, UK.... Pictures are attached. From left to right: BooBoo, Baby and Peanut. :weepy:

Here is a Video of Baby Squeaking:
http://www.facebook.com/v/383209791581

Attachments

7932_137020451581_677246581_3077308_968359_n.jpg 7932_137020436581_6266942_n.jpg
Last edited:

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I'm so sorry that your first post here had to be for such a sad reason. I know how hard it is to lose beloved pets because I've lost my share over the years. Thankfully, the love they bring is worth the ultimate sorrow. I love the photos; they look like real sweethearts.

BunnyBun

Cavy Slave
Thank you. They were my first guinea pigs. I can't help but feel like I abandoned them. Even though I was going to fly them over to America to live with me, but they died before I even got the chance to. It haunts me that maybe, just maybe if I was there, it would have been different somehow? I could have saved them? I got so attached to them, but normal people think I'm crazy, and that its "Just" a guinea pig and not a dog. I'm sick of hearing people talk that way. Guinea pigs, rabbits, hamsters, their life is just as precious as a dog or a cats life. I am glad that I finally found a forum where other people love their small rodent pets as much as I do! I love this website, so thank you to the person who created it. It has helped me a lot. :)

geo13

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss, they were all very gorgeous.

angie901

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry! My hamster died right in the palms of my hands a couple of days ago. I know how you feel. Sort of, except I was holding my baby girl when she went away.

P.S I LOVE THE LITTLE.....he isn't even little..........UH BIG HUGE GUINEA PIG THAT'S ON THE LEFT! HE IS JUST ADORABLE! AND HE'S SO FAT AND CUTE!

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
You are a normal person. You love and care for critters who need you, no matter what they are! I am so sorry for your loss. :sad:

GuineaPigPosse

Cavy Slave
OMG...I'm crying reading your story. How very sad to lose one piggie, but to lose all three so close together. I'm so sorry for your loss. I have no idea what could have happened since each piggie seemed to have died from different things.

Sending you healing energy.

guineapigfied

Cavy Slave
im sorry for ur lose...
im also from Texas...
they were adorable!!!

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
Someone who claims to be "normal" and then disparages you for loving and caring for a guinea pig (or any other life), really needs to re-think their values. I'm thankful you aren't that kind of "normal," and nor are the other folks here.

I am so sorry for your loss, and that it happened so far away from your furbabies. I believe with my whole being that there is a place of joy for our animals, some call Rainbow Bridge, and that they know healing and they give us renewed energy in their memories. You may not have seen them at their passing, but I believe you will see them again, popcorning like mad and delighted to see you.

BunnyBun

Cavy Slave
Thank you for all of your kind replies. I want guinea pigs again, but they really don't live long enough and..... don't want to buy them from pet shops, even though they are extremely cute and tempting to buy. My guinea pigs were all girls, and they were bought from a breeder. Baby was the youngest and she died first. I am shocked that its almost a year now since they've died. I guess sticking around to this forum gives me comfort to know that there are a lot of other people like me out there. :tearsofjo

I will upload more pictures of them to the photo album here so other people can see them. I am so glad that I was trigger happy and took a million pictures of my piggies. At least I have that to keep to remember them by.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.