Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Skin Problems Ringworm - How Did Your Piggy React to Hibiscrub/Canesten

missbounce

Cavy Slave
Hi Guys

Oscar's been on topical treatment for ringworm on his ear for a few days. Whilst we were expecting a lot of wriggling out of him when it came to applying the Hibiscrub/Canesten, we've also noticed he's making a lot of high-pitched squeaking as we apply the treatment - a bit like it might be causing him some pain.

We've kept guineas for many years and this is the first time one of our herd has come down with ringworm (we've been lucky I guess!), so I'm not sure if this is a normal reaction or not.

How did your piggies react when they had the Hibiscrub/Canesten applied? Is Oscar's discomfort normal? We're applying twice daily and as soon as he's put back in his cage, he's absolutely fine - running around and eating his food, so the drama's all very short lived.

Me and hubby just feel like a couple of bullies at the moment - especially as he's so young. The poor wee chap must think we're the worst parents in the world - LOL! Would be grateful if anybody could comment on their own experiences (particularly if your little ones had ringworm on their ears...).

Thank you!

I'm not familiar with that med, I'll have to look it up and get back to you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.