Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Medications Revolution

Barb1222

Cavy Slave
So I will be using Revolution to treat my baby's lice (i checked out guinealynx for dosing & everything)...I will be doing that tonight. My questions are, what can I do to get rid of eggs (she has a lot on her nose) and when can I put her in with my other piggies (she's been quarantined for 3 weeks now)?

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
Revolution stays active for longer than the life cycle of the lice, so when the lice hatch, the Revolution will kill them. I believe the life cycle of lice is about three weeks, but I would probably quarantine your pig for about a month just to be safe.

Barb1222

Cavy Slave
I applied the revolution two weeks ago (this saturday), so what can I do to get rid of any eggs?

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
I applied the revolution two weeks ago (this saturday), so what can I do to get rid of any eggs?

When the eggs hatch, the Revolution will kill the lice. You don't have to do anything else.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.