Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mites Revolution 6% or Revolution 12% ?

PrinceKhai

Cavy Slave
https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...ot-small-black-dots-white-fur.html#post572985

This is my previous thread regarding the mites of my both piggies.

Revolution 6% or Revolution 12% ?

I just get my money and I plan to buy Revolution to cure the mites of my piggies.

I visited the only online shop that available here which selling Revolution and I found out there are 2 type , which :

-15mg (0.25ml) for Puppy and Kitten b.w. below 2.5kg

-45mg (0.75ml) for Adult Cat b.w. : 2.6kg - 7.5kg

Both of it also come along with : 1 box x 3 doses

Here is the links:

(broken link removed)

Both of my piggies are around 3 months and which one should I use ?

The shop admin told me that each Revolution contains 3 single-dose tubes.

So that means I have to apply the doses until all 3 of it finished?

For sure both of my piggies are still doing fine and active here =D
Looking forward for some advices !

Thanks In Advance ! =)

You would use the kitten one. You give a dose every week for 3 weeks.

I had 2 guys that had lice. The vet gave me the kitten revolution.

Ivermectin can also be used for the treatment for mites. If you go on Guinea lynx and look up mites there is a section explaining mites and ivermectin.

Last edited:
From my understanding, Revolution is for mites. If you can see them in the fur, it probably isn't mites. They aren't visible with the naked eye and they burrow underneath the skin. Are the dark specs in the fur, moving? If not, it might simply be dirt or hay dust.

Those black dot are not moving and will drop when I bath them,

But they will get back in few days times,

This is what I worry about

Looks like those are static lice.

You want the puppy and kitten dosage, not that for adult cats.

The instructions probably say to give each of the doses a month apart, but many people do it every three weeks, especially with a bad infestation.

I think that looks like flea poop, but Revolution should kill mites, lice or fleas.

My new guy had black spots in his fur like that and the vet said it was flea dust. The home he came from has had problems with fleas because they have a lot of dogs. She treated him and so far we haven't had any problems.

-15mg (0.25ml) for Puppy and Kitten b.w. below 2.5kg

-45mg (0.75ml) for Adult Cat b.w. : 2.6kg - 7.5kg

What diff between the 15mg and 45mg one?

Is it the 15mg one comes with 0.25ml and the 45mg one comes with 0.75ml?

If like this y not I buy the 0.75ml one and apply accordingly?

Since it is cheaper with better quantity

Just to make sure I'm telling you the right thing, I need one more piece of information. If you have a link to that information, I can look it up, or you can read the box and let me know. I looked for it online here, but the Revolution site says that it's packaged differently in different countries.

On the bottles, does it say 15 mg per 1 ml, and there is .25 ml per dose, or is there 15 mg per .25 ml? There's a big difference there, and there's no way to know what to give unless we know.

To explain the difference in strength, think of it like something you'd mix in the kitchen. If you start off with 1 liter of water and add 1000 grams of baking soda to it, you'd have a solution of 1 gram per 1 ml. But if you add 3000 grams of baking soda to 1 liter of water, you have 3 grams per 1 ml. Same amount of liquid, but two different strengths.

That's why we need to know what your Revolution bottles say. If you've got 15 mg. per .25 ml, and 45 grams per .75 ml, they're the same strength -- you've just got three times as much medication in the larger one. But if it's milligrams per milliliter, and the .25 ml or the .45 ml are the dosages you give, then the .45 mg is three times as strong as the 15 mg one.

You can buy and give either one, but you may need to dilute the stronger one, if it really is stronger.

Thanks a lot,

Im also thinking the same way as you,

Thats why Im wondering too,

here is the link:
(broken link removed)

I'm thinking the lower dose would be better (the one for kittens), especially since your pigs are so young. If it's packaged like it is in the U.S., it would be very hard to give 1/3 of the larger dose because there's no way to measure.

I think you'll get three doses, and they should be given 3-4 weeks apart.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.