Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Diarrhea Rescued guinea pigs poop

stacy97006

Cavy Slave
I rescued a guinea pig that was being kept in a small aquarium today off of craigslist. He seems happy healthy and is eatting and drinking well. The only problem I have noticed so far is his poops are a lighter brown and very mushy but not runny, unlike my girls whose poops are always dark brown and firm. Is there anything I can do to bulk him up a bit, or is there anything I shouldnt be feeding him that would make them so mushy? He was being fed katee food but I have him on KMS pellets and blue grass hay. I didnt see any hay in the cage in the picture she posted on craigslist and Im not sure what kind of veggies she was feeding him. I gave him some spring mix lettuce and a baby carrot when I brought him home.

I've noticed that when I get in pigs who are fed a crappy pellet and not much hay, they have lighter colored poops.

ok I feel much better now I will keep watching him and hold off on veggies tonight and see if it looks any better in the morning. How long does it usually take for their poops to turn more normal?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.