Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Replacement Pellets

sarah0712

Cavy Slave
I am currently feeding p@h nuggets. I was wondering if any of these would be a suitable replacement pellet. If somebody could take a look and let me know that would be great.

On these pages: (broken link removed)

From what I see, those pets at home pellets aren't good, and none of those others look to good either. Have you looked at KMS? Or Oxbow? (Not sure if they have it in the UK though) (broken link removed)

Oxbow Cavy Cuisine is available in this country. It's quite expensive to get it sent, but is this a better option?

Oxbow Cavy Cuisine is available in this country. It's quite expensive to get it sent, but is this a better option?

Yes, it is. Keep in mind that you should be feeding no more than 1/4 cup of timothy based pellets per guinea pig per day, anyway, so pellets make up the smallest portion of their diet. Hay should be their primary food source, followed by a cup of vegetables per day.

Thanks, I know that :)

Let's hope my piggies like them!

If I were you, I'd try something besides Oxbow Cavy Cuisine first, especially since they're so expensive where you are. Some pigs have the same problem with OCC as others do with romaine -- cloudy, powdery urine. Others do fine on it all their lives.

I'd suggest trying to get the urine totally cleared up before trying OCC, otherwise you may just be switching one problem for another.

I don't really have an option of anything else though. The only other option in this country is the burgess excel or p@h. I'm heading towards thinking that his problem is genetic as it is not affected by vegetables

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.