Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rehoming Rehoming my two boys

BamRamsey

Cavy Slave
It hurts a lot but now it's time I have to sell them. Not because we're moving that isn't until next year, but I don't want them anymore cause I don't pay attention to them. Any tips would be awesome hopefully I don't cry when they get a new home.

pinky

Cavy Slave
They have each other for company so as long as they're well fed with adequate space in a clean cage, they should be fine. I'm sure most of us on here have pretty busy lives, too, and often feel like we don't pay as much attention to them as we'd like. Considering you've had them for a couple of years, I'm sure they're used to your routine so I wouldn't be concerned about not paying enough attention to them since there are two of them.

BamRamsey

Cavy Slave
It's not only that it's because of my allergies, my asthma has been acting up a lot lately, my allergies kick in when I hold them, and lets not even talk about the rash I get when I hold them @_@ I'm rehoming them for my own health.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I have allergies and asthma, too, and use my inhalers when my asthma acts up. I always wash my hands really well after holding them. I buy orchard grass instead of timothy hay which doesn't cause allergic reactions like timothy hay does. Place a towel on your lap when you hold them.

Nikkipig

Cavy Slave
I'm extremely allergic to guinea pigs (not hay) but I manage. Wearing a thick sweatshirt/hoodie and placing blankets on your lap while holding them can help a lot. If they're not in contact with your skin, they can't make you break out in a rash or hives. Change your clothes after holding them. Take an allergy pill before you clean their cage (besides your usual prescription med, if you have one) and shower immediately afterwards.

BamRamsey

Cavy Slave
It's not that I want to sell them it's just that, it's time to sell them. They have each other for company and attention but my mom wants them gone even though their mine. We're moving next year so the sooner their gone the faster we can get my room to not smell like hay and guinea pig poop. I'll have more space to another shelf to put my betta fish tanks on(not that I am picking my fish over my guinea pigs I have had fish and piggies at the same time). I'm also starting to lose hours since school is starting back up and buying pellets and hay puts a huge toll on my paycheck. You can easily say that it's an excuse and it's not, I'm picking over my health over my Guinea Pigs, their in my room too, which effects my clothes(piggie fur) my health(their poo, hay dust, their fur). I'm agreeing with my mom that they have to go, their posted on craigslist(to good homes only), Guinea Pig Finder, and on a Yard Sale Group for my area. I'm trying to keep them close but will understand if they have to go out of state to someone who wants them.

And it's not that I don't want them to go, I get upset thinking that they are being sold, but I can't afford a vet trip and medication if they get super sick. Summer time I make over $100 in the winter I'm lucky to make $50 a paycheck.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.