Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General red poop?

PIGGYandCHILLI

Cavy Slave
just wondering does food they eat affect their poop's colour.
i gave my pigs red capsicum for about 3 days in a row and i found that some poo are red in colour the next day. i'm sure it's not blood but i was just wondering.

Good question, but I don't know the answer:crazy:! I think it's only logical because they poo what they eat. I do know(now) that the red bell peppers are high in vitiam C but also high in sugar so you might want to scale back on them.

Some foods will affect the color of both the feces and the urine.

Good question, but I don't know the answer:crazy:! I think it's only logical because they poo what they eat. I do know(now) that the red bell peppers are high in vitiam C but also high in sugar so you might want to scale back on them.
i know i shouldn't get them eating this too much but one of my pigs are kinda underweight (620g) and he LOVES eating red capsicum so i was thinking that i can give him a bit more to grow fat?

The pepper won't make him fat. You need to find out why he's underweight. Does he get unlimited access to hay?

make sure you feed a big variety every day, mabye they just need a change in food. i have one average guinepig called poppy, and one underweight (by a bit) guineapig called honey. honey is a bit underweight becuase her FAVOURITE thing is to run around everywhere like crazy. but she is a happy piggy :)

He needs a variety of veggies. It's no different than feeding an underweight child -- you'd want to give them a balanced diet, not a lot of candy just to fatten them up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.