Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ramps Recently built a CC Cage!!!

barbklis

Cavy Slave
Well I've recently built a Cavy Cage for my piggies and it has a second floor. But my question is my piggies wont go up the ramp!!?! Is this something they need to get used to or do some piggies just not go up? I also thought theyd be running around popcorning and be all happy and they just seem to be laying in the corner inbetween eating. they are good eaters. Are they just lazy?

millsma

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
They might be scared. Try putting some veggies along the ramp, or on the second floor, to entice them the ramp.

erin777

Cavy Slave
i would show them a treat or something they like and then let them sniff it and want it then slowly put it on the ramp or second floor so they know its there

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
I have to walk them up and down the ramp.

Amy262

Cavy Slave
I had to assist mine up and down the ramp the first time...a little gentle nudging and guiding. After that, they all became experts and run up and down the ramps at full speed!!

Molasses

Cavy Slave
I just put up a ramp too! Well about a week ago. At first I tried putting her at the top and seeing if she would walk down. She didn't so then I put her half was down and she walked the rest of the way herself! Then the next day I got some veggies and she started going up. Within a couple days she went up on her own. I feed her veggies at the top and that also encourages her to go up. Hope that helps

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Also, if you have two you can get one pig to do it, the other will follow suit. Two birds with one stone you could say!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.