Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Reason for my guinea pig obsession!

idramaxx0

Cavy Slave
I found these pictures the other day and I thought it was a cute story to share! When I was about 5 we took a family trip to see my cousin and his family in Pennsylvania. They live out in the farm country and so there was a lot of animals, both wild and domesticated, in the area. It turns out a bunch of wild guinea pigs had made their home in their neighbor's backyard. I vaguely remember this but I was obsessed with those guinea pigs. I thought they were bunnies with short ears (we had a classroom rabbit at the time). Everyday we were there I went outside and tried to pet them. My dad says one of them came over to me once and let me pet it very briefly. When we went back the next summer the first thing I asked my aunt when we arrived was where were the guinea pigs? Unfortunately she told me they had gone off during the winter and found a new warmer home. Looking back I'm pretty sure this meant the big piggy-world in the sky, lol.

I thought it was my boyfriend who got me into guinea pigs when he bought me my first one, but now I think this has just sat in my subconscious for many years and has just recently emerged. I thought some of you may enjoy this cute story :D.

That is. I hadn't had any since I was a kid and then I had a chance 7 or so years ago to rescue a mother and daughter duo. Now I'm up to eight.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.