Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay Ran Out of Hay! Help!

PigsinWigs

Cavy Slave
I some how managed to run out of hay :guilty:. I didn't realize I was that close to the end of the bag of hay because my 8yo refilled their hay ball last night and this morning. Of course he didn't mention anything to me.

I guess I am wondering what I can do for the night and part of the morning tomorrow. I will be home early from work to take them for their well piggy check up so I can pick up a bag around noon. Please any suggestions. Well my pigs be ok that long with out hay:sorry:?

Its fine! Don't worry, they don't need hay every second of there lives, they can go for that long, one time my guinea pigs hadn't had hay in like 2 weeks, and there still living. (It was because I ran out, and couldn't get any hay un till my dad took me) Its Fine. :eek:

Last edited:
They'll likely be ok for a day or so. If they're off hay for any significant amount of time, you run the risk of problems with their GI tracts (the hay provides the fiber they need) and their molars.

Some people have pigs who only have hay as a treat, or never see it their whole lives.

:eye-poppiOh my! I couldn't imagine not giving them hay all the time! They squeal really loud when ever their hay ball is empty. Thank you for reassuring me that I am not going to do perment harm to their digestive systems with in the next 14 hours.😌

They'll be fine. Mine have gone for several days without hay because I had to wait for it to be shipped. (But I'm a bad piggy mom for not ordering ahead of time!)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.