Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ramp

Clovers

Cavy Slave
I am going through this adoption organization and when I emailed them a picture of the new cage, they said all we had to do was put sides on the ramp. I have fleece that is tight-fitting on the ramp so that they wont fall off. Making sides on it would be a hassle. Does my ramp have to have sides?

Could you post a picture so we have a better idea of the ramp?

OK, have to say that I do not typically think that having a second level is appropriate. (if you have a second level, which I am assuming you do, as you have a ramp)

The Guinea Pigs like to do laps around their cage. This deletes that necessary floor space that Guinea Pigs need.

However, this isn't ALWAYS the case.

I suggest building small sides. Do you have leftover Coro from when you built the cage? Assuming you have a C&C cage, you could cut the coroplast a few inches, whatever you think is appropriate, and attach them to the sides of the ramp using whatever means possible.

I'm sorry I'm sort of new. How do I post a photo?

Click on the square with the tree at the top of the reply box. Then select browse and chooses the picture from your computer(it has to be saved on the computer)

Ramp

K thanks so much! So as you can see, the fleece is very snug and it doesn't moove around unless i pull it off.

That was the EXACT set up of my first cage, and Squint would jump off from the top of the ramp. If you have extra grinds you can bend them so it encloses the ramp.I definitely suggest sides :)

What is the best way to make a ramp with grids and what do I put on the grids so they aren't stepping through?

I meant to bend the grids like this> l__l (its upside down) and then taking long zip ties and putting them through a grid, then around the ramp, with notches on the sides so the ties don't slip. Then the fleece could be fitted over the ties with velcro and the fleece cut into strips on the ends so it fits through the grids with the velcro on the ends of the strips. If you didn't understand that I can try to explain it differently :)

So should I use two grids and do that?

Can your pigs get a good grip to climb up and down the fleece ramp? I use to have a second level, which I got rid of...I used two bent grids and then used old carpet. That way they could get a grip. The fleece seems slick..I would think they would slide on it.

@Squint96 I made it out of grids and sent a picture to the adoption org. Thanks so much for your help!

Your very welcome! I'd love to see the final project too! I'm sure you did a great job :)

They sent a reply e-mail saying we can drive up there to get him!!! I'm so excited!

That's awesome- I know we would love pictures when he is all settled in :) Congratulations!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.