Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables Radishes?

beckielynn

Cavy Slave
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but I was unable to find it, so I thought I would ask. Can they have radishes? Do they even like them? What about the greens? And I saw somewhere they can have onions, but does anyone have a piggy that will eat onion? What about the greens on top of the radish? ok, I think that's all I have for now. Thanks!

Yes, radishes are fine, but shouldn't be fed too often as they are high in calcium. The greens are fine as well.

I offered mine radishes once, and they all turned their noses up at it. That, along with the calcium content, was enough for me to not bother with them again.

Also, onions are poisonous to guinea pigs. Do not feed them to guinea pigs.

Last edited:
No onions. Someone said they can have the green tops, but onions in general are toxic to small furry animals, so I wouldn't give them any. Just bein' on the safe side...

The list you're looking for of allowable foods is on the Diet and Nutrition forum -- the "read me" sticky.

I gave them some radish, it's still sittin there, the romaine and other lettuce was gone in 2 seconds, and their apple treat. Looks like radish is a no. lol. Thanks!

my mom gets radishes some time, so i gave them one and they ate the lettuce first then when all the other veg was gone they went for the radish and they seem to like it :) but i don't give it to them to often

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.