Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bathing Quick Question about shampoos

PiggyDaddy25

Cavy Slave
I sent the other half out for piggy shampoo on his way home from work today, as ours busted in the move. He picked up Super Pet (which I have been reading is okay) leave in shampoo (which I can't find anything about). I can't exchange it tonight, as the stores are already closed for Sunday and we just did cage change so I was wanting to make sure the boys go in without crusties. It says it is for guineas, hamsters and rabbits... what are your thoughts? Bueno vs no bueno. Their last bath was after the 8.5 hour car ride to our new home. Didn't have the soap just water. They are starting to get a bit greasy on the hind quarters and glands.

ssssarah

Cavy Slave
the only place i've read about it is the product reviews on petsmart.com... all the reviewers seemed to like it. i'm personally a bit wary of it just because it doesn't come off... i don't know a lot about boars, but maybe just put the leave in shampoo where it's greasy?

Travelingirl916

Cavy Slave
I recommend you use Gorgeous Guineas shampoo. It is SLS etc. free so it's a lot better for the pigs skin.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I wouldn't use a leave in shampoo.

Guinea pigs don't have glands like rabbits do. Not sure what you mean?

Most guinea pigs never need to be bathed. You can wash grease glands without bathing the whole pig. Frequent bathing can deplete the oils in their coats.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.