Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Questions about size of cage.

karalianne

Cavy Slave
Okay, I am working up a cage design using a bunch of ideas I found in the photo gallery - thank you everyone for posting your photos! - but I have a couple of questions.

I know that ramps count against total floor space because they get in the way of running laps, so the cage has to be larger on the bottom than the recommended size if you're going to put in a second level. That's not a problem for me, I can make that happen easily enough.

What I'm trying to figure out is if a loft also counts against total floor space? I want to put some into this new design, but I need to make sure that the lofts don't get in the way of proper running room if they're built inside the cage. If they will, I'm going to do them like balconies instead.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, lofts count against running space. The main area is the running space where laps are accountable at. It doesn't really matter if the loft is above, it just matters if there is a ramp of other related object in the way of them doing laps. If you are set on a loft, you may want to make a side ramp, outside the cage, to meet those standards.
:) Good Luck!

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to know! Now I can get the lofts, ramps, and second levels sorted! :)

You're welcome, glad helped you out! Good Luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.