Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Questions about best cage

slan490

Cavy Slave
I thought about posting this in the cages section but I noticed there is a lot less traffic...I will move it if this is not the appropriate place.

I want to get our guinea a new cage as soon as possible because he came with a typical pet store cage. I know you can build them but I'm not gonna lie...I suck at that stuff and my husband is busy so I would opt for convenience. I've been looking at the C&C cages on GPZ but I'm just not sure which one is best. At this time he's by himself and we are looking for another but it might not be right away...so size wise is the "Large" big enough if we were to end up with two at some point...
(broken link removed)

Also, we have two cats so his cage needs to be covered...this is the cage I really want...but I don't know how to keep it covered...and is the deck and ramp worth it...

Any advise would be much appreciated! TIA!

The large 2x4 is plenty for one pig, and good for two. As for the ramp and loft, I wouldn't bother, because we got one with our cage and our pigs never used it, so we just got rid of it. But your pigs may be different, so I can't answer that definitively.

I think its an awesome cage. You can do this if you purchase a box of grids to add to the cage for a kitchen area using the bottom of the store bought cage. [GuineaPigCages.com] Questions about best cage[GuineaPigCages.com] Questions about best cage[GuineaPigCages.com] Questions about best cage

Thanks!

I like the idea of the kitchen area....is that short for bathroom:) From your pics it looks like they use that area for potty...that would be awesome!

I like the idea of the kitchen area....is that short for bathroom

Guinea Pigs tend to do most of their business while they are eating/grazing. If you set up a seperate kitchen area with their hay, pellets, and veggies you'll be able to catch a lot of their wee and poo in a confined area.

However, pigs aren't very good at actual litter training, so you will end up with some outside of the kitchen. Just spot clean daily and it'll help keep the cage nice and tidy.

Guinea Pigs tend to do most of their business while they are eating/grazing. If you set up a seperate kitchen area with their hay, pellets, and veggies you'll be able to catch a lot of their wee and poo in a confined area.

However, pigs aren't very good at actual litter training, so you will end up with some outside of the kitchen. Just spot clean daily and it'll help keep the cage nice and tidy.

Awesome idea! I never really thought about this fact - thanks for the tip!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.