Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Question - lap time

WendyK

Cavy Slave
:?: Mookie and Mousse got introduced this past Sunday and are now doing absolutely beautifully - eating, sleeping and playing together - real buddies! They are males. I've tried doing lap time, at the same time, for both of them - I don't like this so much . . . the question is: will I disrupt their friendship by giving each pig his own lap time - removing one of them from their cage, say for a half hour, for a "private" lap time - when that pig gets put back in the cage will it be like a new intro. all over again? Apologies in advance if this seems like a dumb question!:rolleyes:

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
No; separate lap-time will be fine. I have to give all my pigs separate lap time and they are fine with each other afterwards. There are 4 of them, so it would be a bit awkward if I held all 4 of them together!

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
No, it's only stressful and a redo of the introductions if you seperate them in the same day or so. Now that they're buddies, you can seperate them for a bit! I give mine seperate lap time, because it lets you focus on the one pig you have with you, and the other gets some peace and quiet in the cage to relax for a little while.

pennick

Cavy Slave
I have 2 girls and I give them each separate lap time. It's fine.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I tried to give mine lap time at the same time, but it didn't work. One would walk off me and then the other would follow, or they would both bicker. So, I too give it seperately. There's no need to worry about it, the pigs will be fine to live alone for 30 mins!

Tiffany

Cavy Slave
I had a bit of trouble introducing my two boys and now they are getting along well, going on a few weeks. I used to take one to work somedays, but haven't lately. Would they still be buddies and not have territory issues if one pig was gone for 8 hours? Or should I bring them both to work?

WendyK

Cavy Slave
As per the advice here (and thank you) I decided to go ahead and give each pig their own separate lap time today - it went fine - each pig got about 15 minutes - toward the end of Mousse's lap time - Mookie started to week REALLY loud :guilty: so I returned Mousse to the cage and the Mook was quiet once again - one of my other critters is an African Grey Parrot who has started weeking! This parrot does such a perfect imitation of weeking that the first time I heard it - I ran to the pigs thinking something was terribly wrong . . . welcome to the nut house.

AmiableAnimals

Cavy Slave
Hahahahaha! That is Spooky, right? Or did I make that name up? So glad your boys are getting along so well! Good piggies!

WendyK

Cavy Slave
Yes - Spooky is weeking away to her heart's content - I think Spooky enjoys fooling me - she gets a little gleam in her eye!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.