Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Question about possible pregnancy

CavyLover2012

Cavy Slave
Hi there, I just got a little girl from a family that had bred guineas since I was unable to find one anywhere else in my area. Anyway when I picked her up I said to them that she was much larger than the 2 babies I had gotten for my birthday a week earlier and they are now 6 and 7 weeks. They said she was still with the mother. I am not sure if her brother was still in the cage then or not and know that it is possible for the boy to have gotten a little one or even momma preggie. She lets me hold her and such and does not look pear shaped, I am just concerned that if she is a month old and twice the size of the boy babies I have what could it be? Can a baby get pregnant? I dont want to lose her cause she is such a sweetie and a snuggler

I honestly do not know much about pregnant sows, but someone will post soon I bet to help you.

How old is she? I hope you're not considering housing her with your males. Do you plan on getting her a female companion?

They people we got her from said she was a month. Right now she is by herself and comes out with everyone at floor time. the cages are side by side till we get the c&c built

Please do not put her with the males even at floor time. Pregnancy can take place so fast you would be unable to stop it. Do the cages you have now have lids on them? Male piggies are very creative when it comes to getting or climbing into a cage that holds a female.

A male baby pig at 3 weeks can impregnate mother and sisters. A female baby at about 4 weeks can herself become pregnant.
I am not sure why you got a female when you already have 2 males. Your female will need a female cage mate and a c&c cage of their own.

If you can please post pictures. Thank you and keep us posted.

Not to ruffle feathers here but my guineas are supervised and I was asking because I was unsure if there might be a possibility. I know about the companions as this is not my first guinea. I had them as a kid and now having them as my own kids. I did post pictures last night in the guinea pig photos their names are Sheldon,Leonard,Robyn,Turtle,Pinball,and Wynter

[GuineaPigCages.com] Question about possible pregnancy[GuineaPigCages.com] Question about possible pregnancy[GuineaPigCages.com] Question about possible pregnancy

Robyn with celery, Turtle in middle and Pinball upside down

next post will have the other 3

Here are Leonard, Sheldon
[GuineaPigCages.com] Question about possible pregnancy
Sheldon is black and Leonard is brown and white

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.