Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Question about fleece "wicking"

GusGusandOreo

Cavy Slave
I've washed and dried the fleece I purchased today 3 times. I've read up on it and how to do it so I'd say I'm doing it right. I tried pouring a little water on it so see if the water would go through the fleece but it just pools up on the top? Any help would be appreciated. I washed it in the washer on warm and even choose the power wash setting, no softener, just a little detergent. Should I not use detergent? Drying on medium heat.

Thanks much!

Last edited:
There is water tension with droplets of water that will remain on the surface for a short bit. If you pour the water on, it should sink in pretty quickly. I wonder how much the different types of polyester fleece have an effect on things?

I personally use half the recommended amount of detergent(liquid), put a small bottles worth of vinegar in the rinse cycle, and make sure the washer isn't too full. There needs to be enough room in the washer for the water to thouroughly clean and then rinse the detergent out. You probably only need a couple cups vinegar, I'm just OCD.

Do you use fabric softener normally? If you do it can build up residue in your washer over time. Try rewashing the fleece with a squirt of dish soap instead of detergent (dish is an excellent degreaser) and add 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle. Will the fleece wick if you put a towel underneath?

Thanks guys. I put a little vinegar in with the wash cycle and it worked! Going to go buy some more fleece later on :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.