Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting question about adopting 2

kittymalone

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure where this should go, so I'm posting it here. There is an ad on Craigslist where someone is trying to rehome 2 guinea pigs-1 male and 1 female that have been housed together and need to be rehomed together. They are in a tiny store bought cage and look miserable. The ad goes on to say that the female has had babies in the past. They are desperate to get rid of them tonight and are asking a minimal adoption fee. The ad doesn't sound like a breeder, just someone ignorant to guinea pigs. I would love to take them but I am afraid she may be pregnant (hence the need to rehome them NOW). I have a great vet and can afford any problems that might arise if she is pregnant. My question is: would it be ok to seperate them without causing significant emotional damage, seeing as how they are bonded, until I can get him neutered? I currently have 2 females so she would eventually have som friends (after quarentine) but he'd be alone for a little bit. I can house him in his own C&C cage next to the girls but I don't want to cause any problems. Either way, these two need to get out of the situation they are currently in. Any advice would be great!

I think your idea is great :) then he could live with three girlfriends and none of them would have to have babies! :) I like to think in the long-run...he might be lonely for a bit, but he could still see and talk to them, and he would have a much happier life!

I agree! They look so sad in the picture, it breaks my heart. I just want to snatch 'em up and give 'em some love. I think I will call and see if I can get a better feel for the situation. I know I can give them a much better life and NO MORE babies!

You could house them next door to each other. You'd just need very good lids for the cages.

Will they try to escape to get to eachother?

You'd just need very good lids for the cages.

The lids are to keep them from escaping.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.