Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Quality Pellets from the UK?

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
Hi, I live in the south west of England. I have struggled trying to get a good quality pellet for ages. I currently feed my piggies a mix (don't worry, there are no nuts or seeds) but really want to improve their nutrition. I can only seem to find alfalfa based foods, or ones that don't contain the right stuff :(

I know Oxbow Cavy Cuisine, some Kaytee pellets and Timothy pellets are recommended, but as they are American I have never seen a shop selling any. :sad: It's also rare to see any online on an English website to buy, and if they are they are extremely expensive.

So what do you feed your pigglers? Does anybody know of any quality foods I can buy here in the UK, or anywhere to get Oxbow or other good brands online without costing an arm and a leg in postage? :?:

Eimear

Cavy Slave
Have you tried Burgess Excel pellets? I use them and I personally think they're very good, and my guinea pigs love them. You can get them at any good pet shop around the country.

BlueButterfly

Cavy Slave
. Have you checked UK amazon? I checked, and they have oxbow. The shipping shouldn't be too bad.

janinehunt

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hi - welcome to the forum. I was searching for Oxbow Cavy Cuisine in the UK last week, until I finally found a supplier in France. These were the cheapest sites I found and they had the 4.5kg bags for about £15:

https://www.hyperdrug.co.uk

(broken link removed)

Is that your piggy in your avatar? Wow, what a sweetie! Looks like she's wearing a headband! I'd love to see some more pics if you have them...

Good luck...

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
Hi - welcome to the forum. I was searching for Oxbow Cavy Cuisine in the UK last week, until I finally found a supplier in France. These were the cheapest sites I found and they had the 4.5kg bags for about £15:

https://www.hyperdrug.co.uk

(broken link removed)
Thanks for the links, I will think about it as it is still expensive.
Is that your piggy in your avatar? Wow, what a sweetie! Looks like she's wearing a headband! I'd love to see some more pics if you have them...

Good luck...
Thanks, I am planning on posting more photos of them soon :) I will link the thread when I post them (in a couple of days max).

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
Ended up buying Burgess Excel pellets - Broccoli scoffed them all up before the mix he normally has (worried me a bit but I didn't mix too much of the new stuff in as I didn't want to upset his stomach). The better pellets Oxbow etc were too expensive online still. We just spent a lot of money at the vet for my piggie Carrot (RIP) and dog so we can't really buy an expensive food, but surely this one must still be better than a mix?

Eimear

Cavy Slave
Much better, like I said I use them and I think they're fine. I would'nt worry about it, they'll be fine on the Burgess pellets.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.