Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Purrrring

TayleesFriend

Cavy Slave
Tanger sometimes purrs when I'm not even petting him. Is he happy? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to know my piggie the best I can :silly:

Fay

Cavy Slave
Well it depends how she purrs. If she suddenly sits like a statue and its a quick purr then she doesn't like it. But I've also heard from other people that some purr because they like it however it's a different kind of purring. A bit in between squeaks.

SJane3384

Cavy Slave
My piggie Lazlo purrs when he's curious about something....he also purrs when I play music for him (kind of like he's singing along).

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
She's most likely just happy, and expressing her emotions. My pigs will purr sometimes when I put in fresh hay and grass and I won't even be petting them, so they are doing it then because they are happy.

maxyluver43

Cavy Slave
My piggie purrs when I rub his back or if I have a carrot or somethimg like that.

Terekins

Cavy Slave
If he's by himself in the cage, maybe he's rumbling (like when they're looking for something/someone to hump). It's a similar sound to purring, but more constant, whereas purring seems to be in waves. Sometimes with rumbling you'll see them walk really slowly or do a little "hula dance".

TayleesFriend

Cavy Slave
Since Tanger is so calm, he just sits on my computer desk (like right now) while I'm on the computer. It was last night that I wasn't petting him for about 5 minutes and he just purred, no hula dance though, lol. Also when I pick him up to put him back into his cage, right when I put him down he purrs once, then goes into his pigloo. I hope he's just happy/curious :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.