Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Puppy Pee Pads???

TJBeMe333

Cavy Slave
Hey all! I have a question, I'm using puppy pee pads for my pig. Is that o.k.? I don't see a lot of you using them. There pretty cheap, so I prefer to use them. I have one more question, If I use them, when should I change (clean?) them out. I have been changing them every two to three days. Is that too long? He poops A LOT. lol Oh, and one more thing, is it normal for a pig to poop where he sleeps? Because mine doesn't care where he is, he'll poop.:sarcastic
Thanks!

Earl&Flash

Cavy Slave
The best thing I have found to do with the puppy pads is put them under towels and fleece. I change mine once a week when I change out the towels and fleece.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
There is a danger to using puppy pads by themselves. If your pig decides to chew on them, the plastic and filling can cause intestinal blockage.

There are people here on the forum that use them but they are in combination with other beddings like fleece and/or towels.

It's very normal for pigs to pee and poo where they sleep. They will poo where ever they happen to be in the cage.