Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Puppy Pads?

TxCavyLover

Cavy Slave
I'm new to the cavy world, so bare with me if this is a stupid question...but would it be ok to use puppy pads instead of bedding? Sure seems like this would make it easier to clean the cage. Just pick up solids dailys and change the pads once a week or so. Of course, I would still provide an area of some sort of material for lounging in. Just seems like it would be easier. Thanks! :)

TipiDancer

Cavy Slave
No, this should not replace bedding. But, if you want to use puppy pads (or crib pads, both are basicly the same) you should get fleece too. Put the puppy pads in the cage, then lay some towels over it. Then Cover that with fleece. Now you have a finished cage :) Vaccuum up the poops twice a day, and the cage should smell minty fresh until cleaning day!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Most pigs will eat the puppy pads or chew on them. Many of the puppy pads have some sort of scent instilled in them and that makes the pigs want to eat them. Eating the plastic part of the pads would definately not be good for a pigs digestive system.

Try doing a forum search for "fleece". There are hundreds of great threads about using it with puppy pads or other materials underneath.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.