Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Won't Eat Veggies problem with peppers

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
my 2 baby boys love almost all their leafy greens but turn up their noses at peppers of any color. they're not too found of zucchini, cucumber, green beans, etc. they'll nibble some, but aren't crazy about the above stuff. i do cut some of the non-leafy veggies up into small pieces and sprinkle over their food, and sometimes they eat it that way - but not very much. i'm worried they might not be getting all the vitamins and nutrition they need. any suggestions? do i need to worry?

How many days have you had them? It usually takes time for baby pigs to discover new foods, specially if they were taken away from other adult cavies at an early age, they need adults to show them what and what not to eat and how to bond with other pigs. Just give them time, one of them might think about trying it out and the other one will follow and then realized that it taste good. If all else fails you still have kale to provide them with vitamin C. My pigs don't like zucchini's either, and prefer green bell peppers than red. Red contains most vitamin C but green is more healthier for them to take every day. :)

How fine are you chopping the new foods? You need the bits to be really tiny for them to get them into their mouths by accident. Just pick one new food, say peppers, and put that over their pellets every day for a couple of weeks. When they'll reliably eat peppers, then serve it in bigger pieces and try a new veggie with the tiny bits.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.