Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Problem with new bonded pair?

Mnamomma

Cavy Slave
So we adopted a pair of girls and they became our life. One of them was more
Outgoing and the other more reserved but they were just the sweetest girls. Recently the more reserved piggie passed (it was devastating... she had a stroke and we sobbed and sobbed) and her buddy was sooooo sad as well. She stopped eating, playing, etc... so I contacted the rescue we adopted from to get her a new friend. Only the piggy she was paired with (bless her) is completely demented. Her quirks... she hates noises, people and anything that moves. She is terrified of being looked at/talked to/or touched. She hardly eats because the food is out in the open and she refuses to be seen. She is so freaking fast it is almost impossible to catch her. I have watched her run into her littler box not once but twice and then just fall on her side like she gives up on life. She will watch her friend go in and then stand up and follow suit... but it is like that with everything. She will just run into a wall repeatedly and then just fall over like she has given up on life before seeing what the other piggy does and catching on. Additionally Liza my original girl doesn't play like she used to. She used to be super interactive and wheek when she heard us... I never hear anything (maybe a few noises a week vs multiple times a day) are they just not a good pair? I have no idea what to do with them now... both piggies just seem sad and I don't know how to fix it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.