Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Probably rescuing a baby pig

librarychick

Cavy Slave
I blame Canadiancomforts for this! Lol, she posted an ad from kijiji on facebook that basically said "there's a guinea pig in my bathtub and I need it gone asap."

I replied asking for more info and found out this person found a gp in a box. They are sure it's a girl (I'll be checking if i do bring her home) and she's a red shorthair.

I'm hoping to get her tonight but might have to wait until tomorrow. I just couldnt leave this poor baby in a tub! I'll be fostering her until i can find her a good home with a buddy.

You're doing a great thing for the lil one, poor dear left in a box. Let me know how she is when you get her home. :)

That is awesome. I hope you can find her a wonderful home.

Yeah! So happy your going to foster her!

I should be going to get her today!

If it really is a female I may end up keeping her...I promised my SO no more pets until next October, but she'd be in the same cage as the other gps. lol, we'll see.

When I texted my SO yesterday to see what he thought about fostering her he asked where we would put her. He didn't say no immediately. And then he later said that we could only keep her if she can go in the cage with our other two...which for him is kind of an admission that he'd be ok with us keeping her.

Of course since my two are girls it all depends on this baby being female, not 'female'(aka male). I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's been a long time since we've had a baby animal in the house :)

Well, after a lot of drama that I'll spare you, I have the baby here! She' female, short haired, and red and white. Not to mention tiny!

She does have a little scaley bit by her eye, I'm thinking mites, so ill be treating her with invermectin. She's in her own cage settling in, we'll see what happens after quarantine.

Cute baby!
Probably rescuing a baby pig

The scabby eye
Probably rescuing a baby pig

Im open to name suggestions, I have no idea what to call her. Also, should I leave her alone to settle in for a few days? Or should I handle and cuddle her?

I'm so glad I got her out of that place, the lady opened the door, gave her to me, and shut tje door...wow.

Awwww ADORABLE!! Thank you for rescuing her! I suggest Ginger because of her red coloring). Or maybe Cayne (for candy cane, since shes red/white).

The first name that popped into my head when I saw her was "Annie", like L'il Orphan Annie.

Then I thought, she looks like Autumn with her reddish coloring.

Bless you for taking in this gorgeous little girl and saving her from a likely bad fate!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.