Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Premium Pellet for Guinea Pig and Rabbit

fridzalone

Cavy Slave
My online friend found this pellet at the petshop near her place : Premium Pellet for Guinea Pig and Rabbit. And asked me if this brand is better or worse than C.P. Diet that I suggested to her (on the previous thread). Here's the ingredients :

dehydrated alfalfa meal, wheat middlings, soybean hulls, soybean meal, ground corn, corn gluten feed, dehydrated celery, sun cured chopped alfalfa, timothy hay, dicalcium phosphate, salt, ground limestone, molasses, ascorbic acid (source of vit C), vit A Acetate, D-activated animal sterol (source of vit D3), chlorine chloride, vit E supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin, Pydoxine Hydrochloride, Thlamine mononitrate, d-calcium pantothenate, menadlone sodium bisulfite complex (source of vit K activity), folid acid, biotin, vit B12 supplement, magnesium oxide, ferrous sulfate, zinc, oxlade, manganous oxide, calcium lodate, cobalt carbonate, sodium selenite

It's definitely not great, but can you post the C.P. diet for comparison?

Sorry, I forgot to put the previous post link about the C.P ingredients.

Here's the link :
(broken link removed)

The list for the CP pellets does not seem to be a complete list. This one has a lot of corn products and animal sterol which is hard to explain what it is but here is a definition I found for sterols on the net:

Any of a group of predominantly unsaturated solid alcohols of the steroid group, such as cholesterol and ergosterol, present in the fatty tissues of plants and animals.

Because animal sterols come from other animals it would, by me anyway, be classified as an animal byproduct which you don't want in pellets as they are strict herbivores.

While the C.P. stuff is not very good, this stuff is probably worse in my opinion.

I just wrote down what I saw in the pellet bag.

Okay then, if this one is worse I will tell her and the other not to use it. Thank you, Ly.:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.