Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Allergies Pregnant Piggy OWNER - Is it safe to be caring (cleaning poop) for the piggies?

OverunByPiggies

Cavy Slave
My daughter and I both have piggies. I have the boys and she has the girls. We love our piggies very much!

Anyway, my daughter is now pregnant with her first child and I am wondering if it is safe for her to be cleaning the cages and "scooping the pooping". I know that they recommend that pregnant women try to avoid cat litterboxes, but is it the same for guinea pigs? Does anyone know? :?:

Thanks!

It's totally fine for her to be cleaning cages. I am assuming she washes up afterwards anyway. The "cat scratch fever" that you are talking about applies to an organism only found in cat urine (or is it feces? I can't remember) and not guinea pig poop or urine.

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Yes, she does wash up afterward. She's a nurse when she's not being a piggy servant, so she knows all about singing the happy birthday song twice while washing her hands.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.