Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Possibly Bumblefoot?

Hi! Just an update but the epsom salt soaking was not helping, if anything it has worsened. Today he has seemed very weak, and his eyes have been have open. His breathing is very grumbly, too. He has a vet appointment tomorrow at 10 am. To my surprise, my mom bought a couple yards of fleece and I will be switching soon.

Hi, so I have done Epsom salts, and it is for open wounds, it won't do much for a red foot. It sounds like there is something else going on with your pig that is leading to his feet being so red, so I'm glad you have an appointment. With bumblefoot you need to still use antibiotics too. I hope they can find what's up with him, keep us posted! Good luck!

Hi! Well, we found a vet that according to a great guinea pig rescue was cavy savvy. They take all animals, but were also very good with my pig. His temp. is only 95 degrees compared to a normal 101. Tonight I will put him on a heating pad, (blanket over it) but I will be gone for awhile and that is why I am doing it at night.

We always considered my pig as fat, but to my surprise (first weigh-in) he was just 1.6 pounds! He got three injections, when I get home I will see what all of them are- one was Baytril. I will give him these three orally twice a day for the next ten days, however one of them maybe longer if his feet do not improve. I honestly think he has already improved. I put him back in his cage and left, and when I came back he ran out and put his paws on the wire and stared at me.

Also, someone dumped a black female kitten at that vet a week ago, and if we want they will give her to us. We are considering it. I will update on everything as things continue.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.