Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Possible pregnancy? Male with a pear shape...

Willmunny

Cavy Slave
I recently adopted two guinea pigs from a sanctuary, two males who are supposedly brothers.

I only have them a few days but I noticed one has a kind of pear shape to him, the other is smaller.

This has me very concerned because I didn't sign up for babies, first and foremost because its not fair on the Pig and secondly I dont have the room to accommodate more. They are supposedly 12 weeks old or so. Is a pear shape in a male common? are there other signs to pregnancy?

I can't handle the pigs as they aren't tame enough so I can't check the sex myself.

Well, you can't tame the pigs unless you handle them. The best thing to do is to shoo them into a box or a cuddle cup, put them on your lap, and feed them yummy treats.

Catch them both, turn them over, and compare their private parts. If they're not the same, then separate them IMMEDIATELY. A sow can get pregnant again within minutes of giving birth, and that's VERY hard on both the sow and the second litter of pups. If she has a miscarriage, or delivers when you're not there, you'll be putting her life in danger.

Here's how you can know how pregnant a sow is: https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...inea-pig-is-pregnant-And-how-far-along-is-she

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.