Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Possible multiple breeders

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
I am trying to find a girl guinea to be a friend for my girl and came across this site. >((broken link removed)
Many of these sound like breeders. Some cannot spell AT ALL, and I would think it is a Nigerian scam. Yeah, they spell that poorly.

I don't have experience in locating breeders, but maybe some of you can for sure identify some. Things just do not seem...right...on this site. my spidey sense is tingling.

Check out the one from Jackson, MI. He cannot spell at all and seems to have a lot up for adoption. I cannot see it being a different person since the incorrect spelling is the same for each entry.

Are you sure they have something saying breeders can't post, most if not all of those look like breeders, I even found the breeder of my first two pigs I ever got. o_O (Before I knew about the whole "Adoption is better than breeding" thing)

Are you sure they have something saying breeders can't post, most if not all of those look like breeders, I even found the breeder of my first two pigs I ever got. o_O (Before I knew about the whole "Adoption is better than breeding" thing)

I don't know the rules for Hoobly, but this can be a "heads up" for people looking for an adoption.

Oh my god..... I live in Michigan. Right below Grand Rapids! Grrr.......

That makes me so mad. And a Glass Enclosure for small animals? Yeah, OK. Nice.

These things infuriate me.

Oh my god..... I live in Michigan. Right below Grand Rapids! Grrr.......

That makes me so mad. And a Glass Enclosure for small animals? Yeah, OK. Nice.

These things infuriate me.

Now that I am in the guinea Pig community, I am introduced to things like this. It infuriates me too! btw, do you know anyone around Monroe or Taylor area that rescues cavies?

GRRRRR it really infuriates me when people refer to guinea pigs as "pocket pets". I'm not sure what can be done about these from here though. It's not like CL where there is a handy flag button.

Good grief! These are disgusting!!!

Ugh! I started reading the blurbs in some of the ads. "Not show quality", "brood sow", "had 2 litters". All of them just scream, "They aren't producing anymore so they are no longer valueable to me."

Ugh! I started reading the blurbs in some of the ads. "Not show quality", "brood sow", "had 2 litters". All of them just scream, "They aren't producing anymore so they are no longer valueable to me."

That is what I got from them too. I couldnt' even really open them up, since they were so upsetting. And I am a general animal lover, not a lifelong guinea lover.

AHHH!!!! This is so so.... TERRIBLE!!!!! How could anyone say we don;t need her she is done!!! How coyld any one do that!!If you can't do it to a person, you can't do it to a guinea pig!! People are disgusting!!!

I hope the piggies are ok, and some how the find amazing homes. You'll find your forever home piggies, you'll find it.

Of the piggie from north branch MI look how she is holding the poor thing.

AHHH!!!! This is so so.... TERRIBLE!!!!! How could anyone say we don;t need her she is done!!! How coyld any one do that!!If you can't do it to a person, you can't do it to a guinea pig!! People are disgusting!!!

I hope the piggies are ok, and some how the find amazing homes. You'll find your forever home piggies, you'll find it.

Should I even entertain the idea of adopting one? I dont want to support a crappy breeder. Plus, I don't want a scared, aggressive, psycho cavy. What do yo uthink?

Adopt one: Yes, Buy one from a breeder: No Any guinea pig you get is most likely going to be scared, they are prey animals, and to them you look like a big hungry lion. Some guinea pigs will love you the second you get them, some will take a few years to come around, and some will never love you, it's just something you have to accept.

Buying from a petstore is the wirst thing I have done for my piggies. When I got my pig he was scared, sick, and upset. He left is mother to soon. I went through vet trips and alot of worrying and even today I still only have 98% of his trust. My shelter pig loved me the minute he came home.

Every pig is different, but I do think breeders changed the life of SKipper.

ok, so you have helped convince me that shelter is the way to go, or adopt from a non-breeder that must give away their pet. It is the way I feel too, but sometimes it is hard to wait for a companion for Cupcake!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.