Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Impaction Possible Impaction

Helena29

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Hey all,

So, I recently found out that I should be cleaning my piggies private areas. I have two boars both about 5 years old give or take 6 months. There is just one problem with umm "cleaning him out" ... I have one piggy who HATES being on his back. How do I clean him??? He loves to cuddle on my lap and lets me pet him. That said, it's a two man job just to clip his nails. I tried to get a good look tonight, but he turned himself over. The most annoying part is my other piggy, the perfectly calm piggy looks fine. But my "squiddish" nervous piggy looks like he might be impacted. What can I do???

I'll try the towel idea. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks!!

I appreciate all the help. Squeekie just hates being on his back. The towel idea might work in time ... but it's going to take some getting used to. For both of us. I'm scared Squeekie is going to bite my elblow. Which is silly because he has never tried to bite me. He knows how to get what he wants just by being so darn fidgety, squirmy and fast. It's odd, 'cause he really is very calm when he is on my lap or against my chest. Oh well, hopefully I can train the little guy. Oh, before I forget to ask: Could impaction lead to smaller poo size and weight loss?

Wrap him firmly -- it won't hurt him, and will help with the squirming.

Impaction can definitely lead to smaller poops, and a total impaction can lead to weight loss and worse.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.