Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Photos Poppy's Piggly Palace

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
Still under construction. Mostly finished but I have some sewing to do!

Poppy's Piggly Palace

Bonus shot! CHICKEN LEGS!!!

Poppy's Piggly Palace

Suggestions/criticism welcome!

Looks great!!! I recommend a hay rack or something like that. They are wonderful and give a large supply of hay. I make sure mine is always full. Watch for drafts by that door as well. I have a fleece blanket on a side of mine because I use a fan. I love your fleece forests!!

Looks great. I'd remove the grids in the middle of the cage as they're kind of blocking the space.

Is the cage outside?

@lissie, thanks!!! Where the fleece was hanging on the left I had knocked out the wire in the frame, polished it to remove the barbs, I felt the same way you do. I plan on doing that to the other grid tomorrow morning. I need the support as we have cats.

@Crystalkate, Thanks!! A hay rack is on my agenda tomorrow as I have one grid left. This is Poppy's out door run, on our porch. We live in Florida so cold isn't really a danger. :) It's 78 today. I am making some keepers for frozen water for him to use this summer.

Thanks! Poppy loves it as well! He sleeps in it and races through it while doing laps!

Boy am I jealous! I live in KY and it's been chilly!!

I feel your pain, I used to live in MN! :eek:

Lovely piggy palace :love:

You may already know this, but just in case:

I snapped several grids in half on one side while trying to make hay racks before realizing that each grid has a weld point on one side, right in the middle. Make sure you are bending on the opposite sides of the weld point so the same doesn't happen to you! I used the 6x6 square grids (from a Target multipack, no other use for it), curved them rather loosely, and mounted it high on the walls. Not only do they eat more hay than ever, but they still have room to run laps below them without ducking, and laying directly underneath them has become their new favorite hidey spots :p I also use two different cuttings of hay, and putting one large bunch in each is a great way for me to monitor which they prefer.

Poppy's Piggly Palace

So, is he going to be living in this outdoor run, or is it just a place for him to play while outside?

@Crystalkate, ouch! You live in Little Canada! We lived west of Mankato so it was a 'bit' warmer there..:eye-poppi

@aislynn99, thanks for reminding me! Thanks for the idea will do!

@SurfingPigs, it is his day play area. We spend most of our time on the porch and wanted him to be out when we are. Thanks!

I love it! Thanks for the picture of his little feet showing in the forest, they are so cute when they relax and stick their legs out:D!

Thanks!! I love it when he does that!

Love that you have the ability to let him have a play spot out on your porch! LUCKY!!

Yea, and school wasn't even cancelled when we would get six feet of snow hahaha

Love that you have the ability to let him have a play spot out on your porch! LUCKY!!
I know, it is fun!

Yea, and school wasn't even cancelled when we would get six feet of snow hahaha
I remember those days. And then came spring with all the flooding. :eye-poppi

Put the finishing touches on it this morning!

Top open. I knocked out the wire on the support on the right so he has no obstructions.

Poppy's Piggly Palace

Top closed and Poppy eating from his hay rack.

Poppy's Piggly Palace

His personal Piggy door

Poppy's Piggly Palace

Poppy's Piggly Palace

Stuffing his face...:D He always tips his dish over to spill and eat!

Poppy's Piggly Palace

@SurfingPigs, it is his day play area. We spend most of our time on the porch and wanted him to be out when we are. Thanks!

I'd only keep him out there when you're out there with him. The cage can be easily moved or knocked over which puts him at risk out there alone.

Fantastic job! I'd want to live there if I were a cavie. I'd want to live in Florida regardless :p

:pThanks!

My husband told me the other day he wants to come back as a GP because Poppy gets so much attention! :silly:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.