Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

PLZ HELP ME I NEED TO KNOW in order to be papered

bubblesba24

Cavy Slave
need advice does this look like a pregnant piggy belly i adopted her and another one from a lady who wont tell me if she is they where caged with another pig who again the lady wont tell me what sex it was but she def. has gotten bigger in the last 2 weeks...
[GuineaPigCages.com] PLZ HELP ME I NEED TO KNOW in order to be papered
[GuineaPigCages.com] PLZ HELP ME I NEED TO KNOW in order to be papered

I can't tell from the photo but why wouldn't the person tell you anything about how he or she was cared for? I find that odd. Have you determined whether its a female for sure?

yes 99% sure i had guinea pigs b4 and pregnant guinea pigs b4 i just never had one so "fat" tht wasnt pregnant and i got them off of cl so god only knows why she wont tell me

She does look pregnant, but knowing who she was housed with before really won't do you any good. And it could be ovarian cysts rather than pregnancy.

Read (broken link removed) and www.guinealynx.info/labor.html. You should be able to feel the babies along her flanks about two weeks before delivery.

She does look very pear shaped, and that is a big sign of being majorly pregnant. Does she have any of the other signs? Drinking a ton of water? Eating like a pig? Peeing constantly? Extra irritated?

My Abyssinian is pregnant, and they look the same...It's a little harder to see or feel babies moving because Abyssinians have all that hair, esp the ones with dark hair. It looks to me like your pig is about a week behind mine, but of course that also depends on how many babies they each have. The worst part is not knowing when the babies will come. I'm so afraid I will miss it and something will go wrong. I will take a picture for you after I charge my camera. :)

she eats like crazy, i give her roman lettuce, carrots, oranges, hay and guinea pig feed and i have to do it twice a day cause she eats but reminder she does have another female in the cage with her the lady said its her daughter and they are very close so she eats the food in there too.

@ (broken link removed) thanks that will be helpful. How far along is your piggy?

@bubblesba24 I think she is in her 9th week. I say this because although the babies never "crazy" moved all over the place, now If I lift her up where the hair is white and thinner under her belly, I can see the movement, although they aren't alot, which tells me they are pretty big. Also, today her nipples changed, they were pinker, rounder, and more prominant, even tho she has had "prominant" nipples for a while now. Also, her uterine sacs were higher 2 days ago. right next to her hip bones when she would sit...now there is a definant space and her belly is dragging. She is definatly close. The best way to determine how far along is to keep a notebook of changes you see, however small. Biggest thing, keep the mum cool, and twice the c and calcium. Try to keep her enviroment stress free, and as normal as possible. If you notice she is agitated AT ALL by other pigs, let her be alone. But I'll go take a pic and upload it for you:)

[GuineaPigCages.com] PLZ HELP ME I NEED TO KNOW in order to be papered[GuineaPigCages.com] PLZ HELP ME I NEED TO KNOW in order to be papered[GuineaPigCages.com] PLZ HELP ME I NEED TO KNOW in order to be papered[GuineaPigCages.com] PLZ HELP ME I NEED TO KNOW in order to be paperedIn the fist pic you can clearly see her pear shape, and notice how low her tummy is in the second, and there is a ball there? I also took a pic of the underside to show you how dark the nipples are, just yesterday they were lighter, and also, she has had a little wetness and her pelvic bone is slightly seperated. (at least as far as I can tell.)

tht looks and sounds just like mines. ill make sure im ready just in case and i will keep every1 updated!

(broken link removed) plz post pictures as soon as they come!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.