Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece pledge pet hair sweeper thing

Calliemay

Cavy Slave
Has anybody tried this on fleece? I'm thinking about using fleece when I get my new cage but I can't if the hair will tear up the washer. I also read that you can take the rollers out to empty it instead of throwing it away when it gets full. If you have any experience with them or any sugesstions on a easy way to get rid of the hair please share!

I don't see how the hair would tear up the washer. I'd be more concerned about it clogging the drain. I put those lint traps on the end of my washer hose and haven't had any problems. I shake out my fleece which removes the hay but I still have some hair on it.

I want to get the Shticky. It's like a lint roller but it's not..

I use my hand held brush I got at the dollar store to sweep off most of the hair and hay into a large garbage can. I give them a good shake with a snapping motion and then if they still have hair give them a quick roll with a sticky lint brush, which is not often. I have my cage covered in three sections so each piece is small enough to handle easily and I only have to change out the section that needs it. I also cover the hay area with old sheets I have sewn to fit. The hay and hair doesn't stick to sheet material.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.