Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior please tell me she was just sleeping!

• Thread starter englishdaffodil
  • Start date

englishdaffodil

Cavy Slave
YIKES--I just got the fright of my life! I hope someone can reassure me.

Rosie was on my lap, wrapped up in a towel. She was very relaxed, stretched out, eyes closing.

Then, suddenly, she started twitching. Her eyes rolled about halfway back into her head. The twitching lasted maybe two seconds? (Longest two seconds ever!!)

I pulled back the towel and said, "ROSIE!" in a loud voice. Her eyes snapped back to normal, the twitching stopped, and she looked at me--she looked a bit startled.

Since then, she's been just fine. She's moving around her cage, she's eating and drinking, she talked a bit while I was putting her back in.

My worry, of course, is that this was a seizure. I know pigs can sleep on their feet and with their eyes open, but with the twitching? Is it possible that she was dreaming?

She was JUST at the vet last week for a checkup and was declared healthy as a horse, including a mite check, so pretty sure it's not that.

Thoughts? Thank you from a flipped-out pig momma!

I think she was just dreaming. Alll animals, including humans, twitch when they sleep. Although, I always wonder what they are dreaming about...

Yes i think dreaming, my dog does it all the time and she even howls or growls sometimes

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.