Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Please remember UK RESCUE BUNNIES

RosRWAF

Cavy Slave
Please remember RESCUE BUNNIES

This week we're reminding everyone about RESCUE BUNNIES - there are thousands of bunnies patiently waiting for a second chance and a forever home. If you have a single bunny please think about getting him or her a friend, or perhaps you have room to take on a pair of bunnies? Rescue bunnies are often vaccinated and neutered already, and you have the satisfaction of knowing that you have saved a bunny and that the rescue will be able to save another one in its place.

Please remember UK RESCUE BUNNIES

The 2 rabbits in the photo are Mr Sniffles and Lexi. They have been at the Huntingdon Wood Green centre for just over a year. This is what Wood Green has to say about them: 'They are full of character, ideally looking for an adult home as Mr Sniffles does have a little attitude. Lexi loves her magazine rack which we fill with hay, she will often jump into it and settle down for an hour or two'

All rescues need you to adopt, but as a start, we're featuring these three across the UK. Please look at their rehoming criteria as they often differ slightly:

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

We have a database of rescue centres. If you're looking for one near you, please get in touch.

If you're not able to take on a rescue bunny or two this year you can still help! Please spread the word about rabbit rescue. Not everyone is aware that rabbit rescues exist, and you can help a rescue on a practical level by offering to help muck out, or donating food, toys or hay. Why not find out where your local rescue is and get in touch, to see if you can help?

I love rabbits. I have one old fuzzy lop. His mate died a few years back. He is blind so I worry about getting him a friend as he is so secure in his own cage.
I am in Arizona USA and there are 2 rabbit rescues about 2 hours from me. They are always full.
I feel for the two beauties have been there for a year.
I know rabbits are the 3rd to be put down after dogs and cats. This is very sad. Will do my best to help spread the word. Rabbits need adoption too.

Thank you, Suzie.

2 hrs is certainly a long drive to take your bun dating, otherwise I'd certainly recommend it. There's nothing so happy as a bonded pair of bunnies. When my Cinnamon died and Nutmeg was left widowed, and awfully depressed, I took him dating and he met Betty. They seemed fine together at the rescue, but when I brought them home WW3 broke out. It took a few weeks of persuasion to eventually bond them, but they are so happy together now, contented and secure in each others' company.

Here they are snuggling together

Please remember UK RESCUE BUNNIES

Beautiful bunnies.
My local Humane Socierty has had rabbits. I worry for my Jaimie as he is 7 yrs old, and blind. He loved his mate when they were together but now how would he see to bond? He couldnt afford to get into a fight or take weeks to bond. Right now his cage is big enough for him but not for two. He is in a huge stainless steel dog crate so the dogs cannot harm him. He lets m love on him but he also frightens easy because he cannot see.

My friend Phyllis who is the author of the articles in the Dayton Small Pets Examiner (Dayton, Ohio) has an elderly blind bun, Arctic, who was a widow and also has headtilt, though that is stable. She's very recently bonded with a bun Phyllis adopted from the local HS. You can contact her via the Examiner site if you want to discuss it with her. She's busy bonding two more singletons at present.

Thank you. I will do that. If he could be happier that would be nice.

I emailed Phyllis and she said the Examiner never passes on any mails to her. I'll pm you her email address instead, which she gave me permission to do

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.