Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Mounting Please make it stop!!

kourt1313

Cavy Slave
So the boys have been getting along better (yay!) but Shelby (5 months) just started humping/mounting Matisse today (seriously, this just started this morning and I haven't had a quiet moment since). It is RIDICULOUS. Matisse puts up with it but wheeks/shrieks to let Shelby know he's annoyed. How long can I expect this to go on roughly? Because I'm highly considering a sound proof room for these two. :eye-poppi (kidding, kidding.... sorta....).

All piggies are different, for me the amount of time can vary any where from a few days to a week. As long as there is no blood shed or a bazillion fur tornados let the humping continue. Make sure both are drinking and eating regularly so that you know there is no bullying going on and just the normal dominance pecking order routine.

No stopping it. Someone has to be pig of the hill and that is how they will figure out which piggy will rise to the top.

How long can I expect this to go on roughly?

Oh, the jokes...

Anyhow, it could go on for many more months at his age. You are in for some antics.

Lovely! (insert unamused face smiley here)

God bless ear plugs....

seriously, how long does adolescence in these little boys go on??!! i have 2 adolescent boys now, and a stock pile of ear plugs!!

It can go on for months, more than a year even. But it does eventually calm down.

I'm with @jacqueline... I'm now working off 1 hour of sleep, literally. Ear plugs didn't work though. Can't move them to a different room cuz guess what, you can hear them through THE WHOLE HOUSE... Not a happy camper right now. They seriously can't be divided at night?? Something's gotta give, I can't function at my job with barely any sleep. Sorry to sound b***hy, but I can't even keep my eyes open.

well, i guess i can look at it this way: when my human boy when through adolescence, i was sleep deprive, exhausted, worried , AND there were police involved - and, oh, yeah. . .liverwurst!! :yuck:
at least i know my piggie boys aren't getting behind the wheel of a car after getting stoned on cilantro!! :D

well, i guess i can look at it this way: when my human boy when through adolescence, i was sleep deprive, exhausted, worried , AND there were police involved - and, oh, yeah. . .liverwurst!! :yuck:
at least i know my piggie boys aren't getting behind the wheel of a car after getting stoned on cilantro!! :D

HAHAHA!!! lol much needed laugh.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.