Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Please identify this strange sound that Pepi is making.

piggyandpepi

Cavy Slave
Hi all,

Woke up this morning and one of my piggies is making a very strange and distinctive noise.

I took a recording on my phone but the file format isn't supported so I can't upload it :-( it's a .amr file.

Can anyone accept an email to hear it?

I really can't describe it, never heard it elsewhere.

Thanks
Paul

Did it sound like chirping? Sort of like a bird?

Sometimes I imitate the sound by saying "chup chup chup chup"

Don't know if this description helps, but it may be chirping.

You can change the format by rendering it in windows movie maker and other products like that. Simply open up windows movie maker, select the video, then do "Save Movie" It will give you the choice of how you want to render it I always do for HD display. Then it will take some time, but when it is done, it's in a format that is aloud to be uploaded. Hope this helps! :D If you can't figure it out, you are also just describe the sound for us, and we can try and figure it out from that.

Nothing like any of those. I'm on a mac, so don't have windows movie maker...

The 'voice tone' sounds like daffy duck! Rather than a piggy.

Very loud and distinctive, with constant but very quite and low vocal pops in between, almost like white noise, very slowed down though.

Hard to describe.

It doesn't have to be windows movie maker, above I said "Or things like it" so most movie makers should work, and if I'm correct Macs have one pre installed. I just used the windows one as an example, because that's what most people have. The process should be pretty much the same.

Yes, on some Macs you have iMovie.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.