Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Nutrition Please Help.

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
I don't know what to do. Prince will NOT eat the Timothy Hay. He will ONLY eat Alfalfa Hay. Problem is, is that hes 7 in a half months old. I've given him the Timothy Hay and he won't touch it. I have pellets with Timothy Hay in it and he'll eat that but not Timothy Hay by itself. What should I do?

You should take it slow at first, as my number 1 bit of advice.

Mix in Alfalfa with the Timothy Hay, more Alfalfa at first, and then slowly decrease the amount of Alfalfa as well. I don't know if he will be able to distinguish between the two after a while.

Good luck! If that doesn't work, a lot of people use Orchard and other type of grass hays I do believe.

All can be ordered best at (broken link removed)

Ok thank you so much for your help. I will definitely will try that

Ok thank you so much for your help. I will definitely will try that

No problem!

Quite a few Pigs are just surprised at first that they are tasting something new, and I think that puts them on edge. "OK, my owner just gave me this new stuff....... I dunno, tastes fishy" is probably what they think. They will come to I am sure though.

;)

Good luck again!

Thank you once again. So the Timothy Hay in with the pellets is't enough then?

Thank you once again. So the Timothy Hay in with the pellets is't enough then?

I wouldn't trust it to be, though I really don't know. If they are store bought definitely not, KMS then perhaps, but regardless I would try to get him to eat straight Timothy Hay.

;)

Ok thanks. i will try the mixture and then mix less of the alfalfa hay every few days? and I will also try the KMS food as well

Try the KMS third cut timothy hay, critters love it!

i tried looking for KMS on google but it's not for food it's other things

(broken link removed). They sell hay and pellets.

I need help with something that is concerning me. I had princess at the vet on monday and she had weighed 2lbs. Today is now only friday and she has gained 4oz since then and makes weight to be 2lbs4oz. Is this normal or is she over weight? She's 1021gs.

Princess has gained 400 to 456 grams in the last 4 weeks. Is that normal or is that a lot? Shes about 10 months old.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.