Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Please Help

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Okay, Well my mum says the only way I can keep Trixie and get her friends is if she lives in the same room as my boys. If I don't put her in there mum will take her to the pet store, because I only got her because they were going to put her down so they asked me to if i could tame her, but they said I will try to tame her for two weeks and then give her back...well it has been a month and they never seem to have room for her but of course mum can't see that.

I'm just scared if I put her in the same room as my boys that my boys will start fighting. How likely is this?

What should I do? I really love Trixie and have just been crying because of what mum said.

Will my boys be okay If they can smell girl piggies?

My boys are 2 and a half years old, de-sexed.

Are both of your boys neutered? I could be totally wrong but I'm thinking if they're both fixed you shouldn't have too much issue having them in the same room as long as they're not in the same cage...

If nothing else this will bump your post and hopefully someone with more experience can give you a better answer!! Good luck!

Yea, they are both neutered.

Does anyone out there have boys and girls living in the same room?

Please help me!!

I really don't want her to go back to the pet store.

As long as they are in separate secure cages you should be fine.

If they are neutered then couldn't they all be in the same cage after proper introductions? A lot of people have a neutered male with a female, so I do not think it will be a problem.

Okay, after 1 hour and a half of debating with my mum, we've come to an agreement.
I can keep Trixie in my room, but she can't get any friends untill mum gets a job.

You can keep her in the same room. It helps if they are not able to see each other or sniff noses.

Your room is big enough for two C&C Cages?

You can keep her in the same room. It helps if they are not able to see each other or sniff noses.

Your room is big enough for two C&C Cages?

I would have to stack them on top of each other, but If I keep her in my room then it doesn't matter because the boys are in another room of the house.

If they are neutered then couldn't they all be in the same cage after proper introductions? A lot of people have a neutered male with a female, so I do not think it will be a problem.
A single neutered male with one or more females is common, but multiple neutered males in the company of females is much more likely to cause issues between the males.

I have a neutered male and unaltered male in one cage, a double decker with a pair of females on each level and another cage with a single female in the same room. The males couldn't care any less. There's no fighting and they don't seem to even pay attention to the girls.

A single neutered male with one or more females is common, but multiple neutered males in the company of females is much more likely to cause issues between the males.
Ahh thanks for the clarification!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.