Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Please help me!!!

kendalm7

Cavy Slave
I am getting a new litter for my piggys litter box and I have no idea what to use I just know tht pine and ceader shavings are unsafe I have fleece bedding and I just want a new litter for his litter box is premier pet aspen shavings safe? I'm really worried about any wood shavings but paper ones are very costly:( please recomend me brands and is That premiee pet safe they sell it at tractor suPply co. Thank you!

Raine59

Cavy Slave
From what I read here and elsewhere, aspen shavings are safe and I've seen them at my local Tractor Supply so I would guess all stores carry them. I know I've seen the really huge bags there but not sure if they carry small sizes in case you want to try out a small amount first. My Walmart carries small bags but not sure if others do.

kananaka

Cavy Slave
Hi. There is a great page on this site about bedding Bedding , which ones are safe etc...

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
Yes, aspen is fine, but not pine or cedar. Some good brands I have used are Kaytee Clean & Comfort and Carefresh bedding. They are a tad costly, but if it's only for a litter, it should pull you over for a bit.

lissie

Administrator
Cavy Gazer
Pine is fine to use if kiln-dried.

BellyBoop

Cavy Slave
I highly recommend Carefresh. It helps eliminate odors, absorbs well and is comfy for your piggy's tushy!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.