Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Brands please help me figure out what to order from KMS!

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
i went to the KMS website, but i'm still a little new to the "proper" care of guinea pigs. once my boys turn 6 months old, i'll order their pellets and hay from KMS and make that transition for them. my question is this: what cut of hay is recommended - 2nd, third, etc. and which pellets should i get for my boys? :confused:thanks for your help :)

How old are your boys now?

I personally loved the bluegrass and second cut timothy (my boy likes the stem heads in this) but the 3rd cut is also quite nice (no stem heads, super soft).

I LOVE the 3rd Cut Timothy and so do my boys. I ordered 2nd cut when she was out of 3rd and it was fine but 3rd cut is softer. Bluegrass is also good.

Timothy pellets after they're six months old. If you're ordering timothy hay, super second cut (they're probably out for this year) or third cut is great. Second cut will do but isn't as good as the other two.

If they've been eating timothy and you want to try another kind, I'd only order small quantities to see if they'll eat it. Some pigs will eat any kind of hay, others go on sit-down strikes if you try to add anything new to their hay pile.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.