Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Please help! Drinking LOTS of water??

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
Juno should be giving birth anyday... I talked to the people we got her from, and their other two females already gave birth. One did last week, and the other 2 weeks ago. They were all together around the same time, so I'm thinking they should have gotten pregnant around the same time. I'm not sure, the people said that she wasn't pregnant when I got her, but she very obviously is. I have had her now for 2 weeks this Wed and have felt the babies moving since day one.

I have noticed that she drinks a lot of water, but the past couple days it has been even more. As in I have to fill up the bottle every few hours (4-5 hrs.) It's a 8oz bottle, and used to have to be filled daily. I'm not sure if there are any problems that could relate to her being very thirsty? It just seems like everytime I turn around (literally because the cage is in my dinning room,) she's drinking...

I'm giving her a few more days, unless this is a sign of something.

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
Well no one did end up answering, but it almost seems as if it's not as bad. I have been filling up the water bottle about twice a day. I guess for two pigs at this point that's okay...

I am just hoping she has them soon, she has me worried sick.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.