Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Please flag breeder ad; now refers to himself as "owner"

pinky

Cavy Slave
This guy posts ads for snakes, reptiles, live guinea pigs and dead feeders. Since his ads have been flagged, he's now referring to himself as the "owner." From the looks of the different ads, it looks like this is a big business for him. These guinea pigs look like they're living in pretty sad conditions. I had contacted ebay classified to let them know he was a breeder when he listed himself as such. After that, the description changed.

(broken link removed)

I agree they do look like bad living conditions. Breeders are allowed to post ads on ebay classifieds so I don't think flagging will do much.

I agree they do look like bad living conditions. Breeders are allowed to post ads on ebay classifieds so I don't think flagging will do much.

Some of the ads have been removed recently. ebay will block irresponsible breeders. I flag and notify ebay that they breed and sell feeders and that they're not kept in good conditions and it works.

omg

smalls 10.00 or 2 for 18.00
large males 8.00
large females 10.00
pregnant females 15.00
pick ups only

wow iv never seen someone sell pregnant guineas o.0

Does Ebay/Kijiji really do something? I've been sickened by this guy's ads for a LONG time now: (broken link removed)

That's just one of them. He has multiple ads all over the site. I notice he removed his photos, which used to show overcrowded conditions and filthy wire bottom cages. I guess that was turning off potential buyers. The thought of used-up breeders getting rewarded by becoming snake food makes me sick.

the hamster ad is atrocious hes offering to sell 50 hamsters all at once wow, never seen anything like that

Does Ebay/Kijiji really do something? I've been sickened by this guy's ads for a LONG time now: (broken link removed)

That's just one of them. He has multiple ads all over the site. I notice he removed his photos, which used to show overcrowded conditions and filthy wire bottom cages. I guess that was turning off potential buyers. The thought of used-up breeders getting rewarded by becoming snake food makes me sick.

Some of his ads disappeared. Whether they were removed by ebay or he took them down after being contacted by them, I don't know. I flag and follow up by contacting customer service and complain about the conditions.

Some of his ads disappeared. Whether they were removed by ebay or he took them down after being contacted by them, I don't know. I flag and follow up by contacting customer service and complain about the conditions.
Hmmm, I suspect he reported because of the conditions, since he doesn't use photos anymore. I didn't realize you could complain to Kijiji about breeders until today. I've already reported his latest ads.

This is terrible. If you look at all the ads he has it is insane how many animals he is breeding. People like this make me sick. So terrible.

SO I wrote to customer service and this is their reply:
Date:2012-05-22 18:36:59
Name:Kelly R.

Thank you for contacting eBay Classifieds Community Support.

Angela, we appreciate you taking the time to send us this feedback; however, this poster is posting Pet - Other such as reptiles, snakes etc. Our breeder vs. owner policy is designated to our dog and puppy posters.

I hope this clarifies.

Thanks,
Kelly R.
(broken link removed)"

WTH!?

I know its a terrible thing to see, but just because we love pudgy piggies doesn't mean slithery snakes don't need food as well.

I know its a terrible thing to see, but just because we love pudgy piggies doesn't mean slithery snakes don't need food as well.

This guy places different ads selling the same animals as feeders and as pets. He used to place his ads listing himself as a breeder; now he places them as rehoming them or as the owner. If you look at all the photos, there are so many, they're climbing all over one another and appears to be in some sort of small, round container. I think it's cruel. Frankly, I can't see keeping snakes as pets but that's just my opinion.

Even animals used as food should have a nice life before they're used to sustain another life. They should also be humanely euthanized. I'm no expert, but I don't think these animals need to be fed *alive* to the snakes. How many people buy these feeders and then let their snake eat them alive?

I can't believe Ebay's policy on breeders only goes to dogs. Would petitioning to them even do anything to change their policy? I don't know what else to do.

If enough people complained to eBay, do you think they would consider updating their rules?

Even animals used as food should have a nice life before they're used to sustain another life. They should also be humanely euthanized. I'm no expert, but I don't think these animals need to be fed *alive* to the snakes. How many people buy these feeders and then let their snake eat them alive?

I can't believe Ebay's policy on breeders only goes to dogs. Would petitioning to them even do anything to change their policy? I don't know what else to do.

I don't think an animal that's been socialized should be used as feeders. My biggest gripe with this guy is that he tries to play it both ways. Some of his ads sound like he's selling pets and others have the prices for frozen animals. He's had some ads where he was selling large reptiles.

If enough people complained to eBay, do you think they would consider updating their rules?

Some ads seem to get pulled so I think it must do some good when people complain.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.