Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Playpen Pictures?

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
Does anyone have any pictures of their playpen / floor time arrangements? I am redesigning my area for the girls and need some ideas please. Thanks! :)

Well, I don't have pictures, but.....

I basically just have a grid playpen that I made with a box of grids. I ziptied them, but not the entire thing-- I left the ends open, that way it folds up super neatly.

I lay down a fleece blanket and a few towels at high traffic areas, and throw in everything from the girls' cage and voila! There you have it. I also throw in a bundle of hay and a water bottle, and a food bowl.

I don't have pictures but I put a ramb going down from the cage to the floor (cage is elevated on grids for storage) and use a playpen made of grids with open ends like Zuidy and use a layer of towels and then fleece just like the cage because they are there for a while and put the ends of the playpen connecting to the cage so they can't get out. I use different toys and hideys during floor time just so they get mind stimulation and something new for them. Put in some pellets, hay, vegetables, and water. Then just plop in piggies.

i have a 6x3 grid playpen set up. you only have to add food, toys and pigloos.(and of course the piggies) my piggies get to be out about 4 hours or more daily.:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.