Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pip and Cocoa fighting?

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
I've had Pippin and Cocoa in a 2x7 cage(look in my gallery if you want to see) since early January, and this morning I went downstairs to give them their veggies and their was blood on Pippin's lip. I started to freak out, thinking he was coughing up blood, but I wiped the blood away and found a healing scab on his lip. Well, I figure he and Cocoa got a little touchy. Cocoa's 1 1/2 years old, and Pippin's approximately seven or so months old. Should I be afraid that one of them will go to far and attack to hard and separate them, or leave them be. Neither is blocking their access to food and the wound inflicted was small.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Anyone willing to answer?

critterlover

Cavy Slave
Your cage seems huge. Are you sure Pippin's lip injury is due to fighting not to something sharp in the cage? If they're really fighting, more floor time will help.

pennick

Cavy Slave
I would wait and see. I agree with Critter, maybe it was self-inflicted. You don't mention if there is bad history between them. Keep an eye on them. Maybe its just an isolated case.

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
I would not jump to conclusions, but even if there was some fighting, it might be temporary since Pippin is approx. seven months old and has hit piggie puberty. He should calm down after his first birthday.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I wouldn't separate them, leave them together and I believe you know what to look for as far as really bad agressive behavior.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.